Monday, 5 December 2016
Massage remedy has become an important part of popular health take care of many human beings living in brand new worrying environment. With the increasing call for such remedy, the massage centre has been mushrooming uncontrollably up shops in most of towns, mainly Asian nations. Under is a brief guide to the most famous types of rub down remedy commonly located?
Conventional Thai body massage
Conventional Thai rub down uses deep tissue, stress point and stretching techniques. Therefore, it's extra energizing and rigorous than other conventional varieties of rubdown. Thai rub down additionally referred to as Thai yoga massage. The masseuse normally makes use of greater components of frame like ft, elbows, and arms to rubdown.
Reflexology & foot massage
Reflexology is definitely no longer foot rubs down. For foot rubdown the therapist commonly makes use of rubdown oil or lotion and use gentle gliding strokes everywhere in the foot. While the genuine reflexology is based on the principle that positive points at the ft correspond to positive frame parts. Therefore, making use of strain to the areas can promote fitness in the corresponding elements. Reflexology rub down makes use of arms and fingers.
This is the most common rub down to be had. Different actions contain are kneading, stretching, friction, tapping and vibrating. The hand strain can range from mild to promote relaxation to firm however no longer as firm as in deep tissue rub down.
It's fundamentally the usage of Swedish rubdown technique with the delivered advantage of focused plant oils, known as essential oils, to the original rubdown oil and lotion. Every critical oil has one-of-a-kind healing homes along with uplifting, calming, energizing, cleaning, and de-congesting.
Warm Stone rub massage
Heated easy and flat stones are placed at specific points on the returned, in the arms or between toes. The rubdown therapist may also hold the stones and use them to rubdown positive elements of the frame. The heated stones will warm and relax the muscle tissues, which allow the therapist to apply deeper stress afterward.
Tub Na rub down
Tub Na uses rhythmic compression alongside electricity channels of the frame, as well as a spread of strategies that manipulate and lubricate the joints. Tub Na also directly impacts the waft of electricity through protecting and pressing the frame at acupressure factors. The reason of Tub Na is greater particularly therapeutic than the easy relaxation of a Swedish-fashion massage.
Conventional rub down
The local traditional (rub down in Malay) combines sluggish rhythmic gliding strokes, stretching, stepping, lengthy kneading, deep tissue and pressure carried out to every a part of the body, from the top, face, stomach, body to toes and feet. It's green in calming the nerves and improving standard health.
Fish spa is listed on the closing because a few may not forget it as a kind of rub down. Besides, this therapy is getting famous in Asian countries. Your legs are positioned right into a water tank complete of high priced fishes from Turkey. The health practitioner fishes will nibble away your scaly and lifeless pores and skin, leaving your skin easy and sparkling.
Some people might think that going to spa salons and massage clinics is very luxurious activity. Yes, it may be a bit expensive most especially if you do this regularly but there are far more advantages of massage service. This way, we cannot consider this as mere luxury because for most people a massage is more of a necessity. Here are some advantages and benefits of massage:
1. To relieve stress
one of the most common reasons why a person gets massage service is because they are feeling too much stress, whether from work, personal life or other factors. With the help of massage like Thai massage, shiatsu or Swedish massage they are able to forget about the stress. The feeling after a good massage is definitely wonderful so when you go out of the spa, you feel rejuvenated and energized.
2. To alleviate body pain
in line with people's daily activities we tend to experience various body pain usually in the back area, neck and even foot. It is not healthy to just ignore the body pains that we feel because sometime it might lead to more serious cases so the best remedy to this is go to a massage therapist and acquire good massage. With the help of short and smooth strokes you will surely forget about the pain you feel. You really need this to be able to go back to your work and of course for you to perform your daily routine with much enthusiasm and happy outlook in life. Imagine if you always go to work feeling pain in your neck, do you think you can concentrate with your work? Of course not. It is in fact possible that you might perform poorly on your work because of the pain you feel. So do not underestimate back or neck pains, get a massage that will make you feel better.
3. To correct posture
it is really good to see a person with proper posture but not all people are gifted with this. Sometimes, since you are used to stand slouchy when you were younger the tendency is you carry this as you grow up. This doesn't look good so you should correct this. Some massage can target this correction by focusing on certain point to eventually give you proper posture. This kind of massage may hurt a bit; it may in fact make your body sore for 1 or 2 days but after that you will see the great result. If you are thinking about correcting your posture you could start by setting an appointment to a massage therapist.
4. To treat injuries
most athletes suffer from injuries every now and then. Minor injuries in the muscles or joints can be treated with a massage. So if you always have cramps or you feel that your muscles are already too tight to the point that you're feeling the pain then you can try hard and more intense types of massage. One good example is deep tissue massage that treats inner tissue and muscles.
These are the benefits and advantages of massage. Now, you learned that it is not only about being pampered but moreover getting the benefits for your body condition.
Tuesday, 29 November 2016
· Time of pregnancy is very difficult period for every woman. It creates a lot of physical troubles, discomforts and worries. This problem is growing day to day because there is no time to take care of you. For this reason, post natal massage is growing in these days. It can give you some relaxation and comforts.
· Pregnancy is among the most uncomfortable times within the life of a female. From the first trimester towards the third, pregnant ladies feel all sorts of side effects. Because stomach enlarges, a woman experiences backache, joint aches and yes it only gets worse since the pregnancy progresses. Add to this the strain because of the anxiety of labor and also the act of having a baby, the worry about to become parent, the change of lifestyle and so forth.
· Being a relief, pregnant ladies are suggested to obtain a post natal massage. A post natal massage differs from the others massage that particular gets in a spa. The masseuse performing the massage will likely need to know special familiarity with the entire body as pregnant women are incredibly sensitive. Also, masseurs will have to be careful when giving massages so as not to harm the infant.
· The intensity of the massage and the positioning of the mother's body are typical vital. Should you be on the first trimester, you will be able to still go on a spa with a few of your girlfriends. For those who are over four months pregnant, you simply must hire a specialist post natal masseuse. They're well trained professionals who specialize with pregnancy and postpartum massages.
· It's much more important during labor as it can certainly sometimes help out with the smooth delivery process. Post natal massage therapy is surely an alternative approach.
· Its therapeutic value lies with the proven fact that it enhances the function of the muscles and joints and improves the circulation of blood. It also relieves mental and physical fatigue.
· Post natal massage is targeted on relieving the many discomforts brought about by the pregnancy. It enhances the physiological and emotional well-being of the mother, preparing her on her new role.
· Through Post natal massage, mothers tend to be relaxed this also is helpful to build up a healthy fetus. In addition to this, the massage helps as well to strengthen the muscles, preparing it for natural delivery. The massage therapist often focuses on the woman neck, back and pelvic regions.
· Most masseurs advice that pregnant mothers have pregnancy massage at least one time monthly to hold them revitalized before baby's birth. Of course, before you undergo a pregnancy massage, you ought to first confer with your doctor to inquire if a massage would work on your condition.
· The main goal of a pregnancy massage is always to keep your mother mentally and physically ready for the delivery of her child. If a pregnancy massage is just not applicable, then your mother can invariably try other alternatives to keep her comfortable before big night! Remember that pregnancy and childbirth is just about the most important times in a woman's life, so be sure to be equipped for it!
· Post natal massage is always relaxing, with many therapeutic effects. However, massage therapists express that it becomes increasingly difficult as the mother grows larger to provide Deep Tissue and firmer pressure during the massage.
Tips About Post Natal Massage
· Before applying to this massage on yourself, you have to obtain clearance from your obstetrician. Make sure about on it and it never creates any counter-indications. This indication is not good for gestation lady. So keep the attention on it.
· At first, you should collect all information and get its advantages and disadvantages regarding this therapy. Don't take more time, immediately consult the experienced massage therapist who assists you through the best way. You know what the major duty of you is? Before going to the therapist, confirm about their original certificates, licenses, training especially on it, experience periods etc.
· It is an important cause for gestation period is very crucial and dangerous for both mom and kid. It is not a joking time so being careful about on it. Your physician must have a much more knowledgeable in this matter. If you select to highly qualified, license holder and experience holder therapist, so surely you can free from hassle and tense, then you totally save due to your gestation problem from the first day.
· Few spas are not allowed to post natal massage because they have not confided to handle it or not. Under this circumstance, you should concern with them coolly and ensure that how to do this in the right way.
· Keep attention that high temperature, a massage of hot stone, wrap saunas, electric apparatus are not good for the pregnancy time. Tell them smoothly warm applications are applied to you.
· Hydrotherapy is one of the therapy which needs to clearance from the obstetrician of woman. This treatment needs extreme temperature. Be attentive, the temperature of the water never cross 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
· You must be doing foot massage with care after discussing to the physician. If a pregnant woman feels uncomfortable in their foot and after massaging she feels comfortable, make sure that it is the tonic of the uterus. While massaging, be cautious these areas like center of heel, between the big and toe, above the ankle, below the knee, inside of the legs. Who is well-qualified, he/she knows how to handle these difficult points.
· Now-a-days, many numbers of spas center are applying advanced techniques. They utilize a several kinds of treatment like Reflexology, Swedish, Deep tissue and Sports.
· Also a lot of spas use a special type of pillow to support you during the therapy period. Reason of you will feel comfortable and relax in that time.
Life is worth living and happiness is worth seeking. Building your family on a solid foundation of happiness starts with you and the choices you make now. Acknowledge this responsibility and embrace it by seeking post natal message during pregnancy.
Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Post Natal Massage is equally important as getting a massage during pregnancy. It is an effective way of helping the body recover from the various changes it has experienced. Massage therapy uses a natural and holistic approach. Typically, massages are done to provide stress relief, pain relief, relaxation and other health benefits. After giving birth, it is common for mothers not to have enough time to look after themselves because they put much focus on their newborn baby.
Most mothers also experience body pain after giving birth. It is very common to gain weight post pregnancy. It is usually difficult to get rid of the excess body fat without doing strenuous exercises. There are plenty of post natal massage benefits which are effective in providing improved healing and recovery.
This includes the regulation of hormone production, reduced swelling, improved breastfeeding and getting better sleep. Advanced post natal massage techniques also aids in helping the body get back to its pre-pregnancy condition. It speeds up the healing process and assists in C-section recovery.
• Stress Reduction and Relaxation
Massage is popularly known for relaxing the muscles, increasing blood circulation and decreasing stress hormones. As a result, the body experiences stress reduction and relaxation. After nine months of carrying a baby inside the womb, a mother's body system requires proper treatment. The great thing about post natal massage is that you have a choice between getting a light pampering session or getting a deeper technique done. Post natal massage is also effective in lowering down depression and anxiety levels. Due to hormonal changes in the body, approximately two thirds of new moms undergo temporary postpartum symptoms. This is due to having new responsibilities. Massage is a great way to help the body prepare for this transition. Postpartum depression is a serious and long lasting condition which affects 10% to 15% of new mothers. Studies have proven that massage is beneficial for treating this condition.
• Provides Pain Relief
It is normal to experience residual body pain after pregnancy. When child care and breastfeeding is added to a mother's daily routine, it increases shoulder, back and arm pain. The best thing about post natal massage is that it uses a holistic approach which doesn't require any medication. It effectively relaxes the muscles and provides relief from pain. Having a skilled therapist perform the massage will also resolve numbness which is very common during post pregnancy. Chronic pain usually requires multiple sessions to achieve optimum results.
• Balances Hormone Levels
Getting a post natal massage is an amazing way to restore hormonal balance. During pregnancy, progesterone and estrogen levels become very high. After that, these levels decrease exponentially during delivery. Oxytocin and prolactin hormone levels are increased to facilitate breastfeeding. Studies have proven that getting regular post natal massages effectively reduces cortisol levels which is a stress hormone. The use of essential oils also promotes mood improvement and hormone balance. Serotonin and dopamine are naturally occurring chemicals associated with depression. Massage is very effective in decreasing their levels and also gets rid of cardiovascular problems.
• Decreases Swelling
After pregnancy, body fluids should be able to find the proper balance. This is because during pregnancy it is increased by up to 50% in fluid volume. Post natal massage increases lymphatic drainage and circulation. It is effective in facilitating the elimination of waste products and excess body fluids. Studies have also proven that massage assists in tissue stimulation which helps the body shift water into the correct places. Since hormones go through major changes after pregnancy, swelling is very common. Because massage is effective in balancing hormone regulation, it can also decrease swelling.
• Improves Sleep
After labor and delivery as well as taking care of the newborn baby, mothers usually feel extremely exhausted. Post natal massage helps provide comfort by promoting relaxation, easing fatigue and assisting with sleep. Studies have proven that regular massage therapy increases delta brain waves which are related to getting a deep sleep. This is the main reason why most people who get massages fall asleep during the session. As a mother who has just delivered a baby, the required amount of sleep is essential to help the body restore its strength. When a mother is able to get enough rest and relaxation, she will be able to recover much faster. Studies have also shown that getting the required amount of sleep helps in losing the excess fat in the stomach.
• Boosts Milk Production
Although breastfeeding is highly preferred by health professionals, it can also be challenging for new mothers. Post natal massage increases blood circulation, provides relaxation and increases milk production. Prolactin is a lactation hormone which is increased with regular massage therapy. When the chest muscles feel relaxed, it opens the shoulders and results in improved lactation. Recent studies have shown that getting a breast massage greatly decreases breast pain which is very common during post pregnancy. It is also known to decrease sodium levels in breast milk which encourages the newborn to feed from his mother.
• Eliminates Stretch Marks
After pregnancy, new mothers usually develop stretch marks in different parts of their body. It is a condition which is caused by the overstretching of the skin and appears like discolored lines. It usually looks reddish brown, pink, purple or red in color. It is usually found in the breasts, thighs, buttocks and abdomen. Generally, they are long and thin which slowly fades into a silvery white color. It happens because of the sudden stretching of the skin caused by pregnancy. The upper layers of the skin break which makes the inner layers visible. Tension in the skin occurs because of weight gain. Essential oils are used to help aid in getting rid of stretch marks.
They are made out of all natural ingredients so they do not contain any harmful chemicals. There are plenty of essential oils which are effective in eliminating stretch marks. This includes Lavender, Sage, Grape Seed, Castor, Patchouli, Neroli, Helychrysum, and Rosehip. Pure cocoa butter and Vitamin E as well as pure emu oil also delivers excellent results.
Sunday, 28 August 2016
Athletes or runners usually love massages after workout not only because they feel better after massage but for the quick recovery from their internal injuries. Massage offers a number of benefits to the joggers including reduction in the soreness of the muscles, quick healing of injuries and fast recovery of muscles if done after exercising. But all these benefits can be availed only if right type of massage is done at right time according to the need of the runner. But usually do not focus on all these points and complaint for ineffectiveness of the massage after exercising.Brief information about the benefits and various types of after exercising massage is given here under for your consideration. Whether you run to relieve your stress, for fun or for competition a massage after exercising offers you following benefits:
Reduce fatigue and muscle pain: The increased intensity of a training program that includes jogging or running can cause pain and fatigue in muscles after exercising, especially you if you are starting with a new training program. A massage can be much helpful in reducing muscle fatigue and pain quickly. In fact, increased intensity of workout releases body-producing toxins like lactic acid in the tissues causing pain in muscles. These pain causing muscle tissues can damage with time due to lack of proper circulation in them, if left untreated for long. A proper massage can help in reducing the tightness and congestion in the muscles.
Fast recovery of muscles after tiring exercise: Your body experiences stresses at various places after a run. The toxins released into the tissue of your body while running stress your muscles. In order to recover from these after exercising stresses massage is the best option as it helps in releasing those toxins out of the muscle tissues.
Increase blood flow and circulation: A good massage after exercising can improve not only the circulation of your blood but also its flow in your body. This increased blood circulation helps in triggering your immune system which in turn helps in expediting the overall healing of the damaged or injured tissues during workout. It also helps in flushing out toxins from your body in combination with other fluids within it. His flushing of toxins also helps in reducing soreness and reenergising your legs for next round of jogging.
Increase in flexibility: Usually athletes increase the range of their motion to improve their efficiency and performance. This increased motion also causes an imbalance in your musculoskeletal system causing tightness and pain in the It band, knees, hamstrings and Achilles tendon. This imbalance after exercising can be reverted easily by a good massage. An experienced therapist evaluates the condition of the athlete through his postural errors and the source of pain before determining a suitable massage for him. Sometimes the source of pain does not exist at the spot of pain experienced. So it is necessary to find out that source to rub it properly for reliving the pain by increasing its flexibility.
Promote relaxation: A proper massage also helps in promoting relaxation not only in the muscles but also in the mind by reducing stresses. In this way rubbing after exercising helps in making you ready for next sprint by re-energising your body.
Improvement in overall health: The improvement on blood circulation due to massage also helps in improving the functioning of other systems of your body. In this way the improved circulation after exercising affects your overall health, directly or indirectly, along with your running potential. In fact the cells and tissues of your body receive better oxygen and nutrients due to this better circulation system.
Choosing the best type of massage
All the benefits of massage can be possible only if a suitable massage is done after exercising. Most runners do not know which massage can be good for their physical stresses after exercising. There are nearly 30 types of massages from which they have to choose the best one according to their physical condition. Brief information about some of popularly used after exercising massages is given here under for the guidance of the runners.
Active release technique: This massaging technique can be used to relieve the adhesions in the muscles and reducing the build-up in scarred tissues by combining movements with specifically deep pressure. The therapist evaluates the tightness, texture and mobility of the soft tissues by using his/her hands so that the adhesions in the muscles can be broken up with the movement of the muscles as well as his/her hands. It is normally used when the scarred tissues affect the mobility of the body especially due to plantar fasciitis, shin splints and hamstring injuries.
Swedish effleurage or massage: This massage style is usually linked with pampering and relaxation and for that reason it is also known as the massage of modalities. Most runners prefer this massage while preparing for big competitions. In this after exercising rubbing activity the therapist pressurises the affected body part with long but light flowing strokes to increase the blood flow and release the tension in the muscles. It is normally used as a good recovery tool after hard exercising as it also helps in relaxing and reenergizing you along with building up your confidence.
Trigger point therapy: This modality massage helps in reducing pain in your muscles by focusing on the sources of pain and muscle knots. The therapist first finds out the areas of referred pain and knots in the muscles then he loosens the adhesions by applying deep pressure. It is used for treating injuries like hamstring injuries, calf strains and tightness in IT band like A.R.T.
Deep tissue massage: This massage is commonly used for relaxing deep and superficial layers of the tensed muscles and fascia due to intense workouts. Unlike trigger point therapy this massage type works specifically on the problem area of the entire muscle to relieve its interconnected tissues and tight spots.
Thus the joggers should have a massage every time after exercising but if it is not possible every time then they can also use some self treatment techniques like lacrosse balls, foam rollers, massage sticks and tennis balls for relieving the tissues of their muscles so that they can be ready for next round.
Sunday, 3 July 2016
There are so many queries regarding alcohol consumption during massages. People are confused about its effects. There is loads of website where it is okay to drink alcohol at the time of massage. But we are not in the favour of this process as we found numerous disadvantages of doing it. Let us bring those factors to our entire viewers. Go through the article below to have a complete idea about the given topic.
What is massaging all about?
Massaging is a therapy which keeps a human body and soul relaxed. Massage has loads of beneficial factors for all human health. But some practices can even damage the whole massaging procedure and consume alcohol is one of them.
Do you know what massage does to the human body? If the answer is NO then look below to get a full idea.
• The most beneficial power of massaging is that it is capable of stimulating the whole body by putting an effect on the physical and mental conditions.
• It helps in increasing the blood circulation motion in the body by removing the toxins and the disperse wastage with metabolic nutrients.
• If you are suffering from hormonal disorder then massaging can do a great help by normalizing and stabilizing the hormonal growth and reproduction.
• Massaging can lower the amount of blood pressure and this is very helpful for all human beings.
• It augments the activity of the kidney and liver to a great extent by pressuring particular points in a human health.
As this has so many features related to the human health, it contains the ability to augment the alcohol effect in the human body as well.
What is Alcohol?
Alcohol is nothing but an addictive yet intoxicating element which forces us to have this regularly. This is considered as one of the drugs and available in many forms in all over the world. WHO addressed is as health hazardous and millions of diseases are happening every day owing to excessive consumption of alcohol. Do you have any idea how troublesome alcohol is for the human health? Read below to have a complete idea.
How alcohol affects the human health?
There are many points to discuss but we specifically selected the most bothersome one here.
• One of the most horrifying effects of alcohol is that it very much dehydrates the whole body in no time. If a person consumes the alcohol, the inner digestive system wants to eliminate this from the body and start using kidneys as an exclusion way. Daily consumption not only harms the cells but is able to make things go severe.
• Alcohol is a great desensitizer as it stops one person to offer proper feedbacks. If he is under the power of alcohol, he might not able to recognize anything and this proves fatal for every human being.
• Alcohol can make one person really excited and augment the impulsivity. It also reduces the control over the impulse by impairing the judgement.
• Alcohol has an immense effect on the particular portion of the brain which is the prefrontal cortex area. All the decisions are made here and every rational thought is counted. But after drinking alcohol, the portion can get depressed ad one might act aggressively in front of the world.
• Alcohol reduces power burning up in the part of the cerebellum. The cerebellum is accountable for domineering the human body’s motor movement and in general bodily harmonization.
Why alcohol and massaging can never be a good combination?
We hope that all the factors regarding massaging and alcohol is clear to you. Now let us put up the main topic in front of you why we are advising you to not to try alcohol while massaging.
• A glass of champagne and body massaging can work perfectly together. Champagne can seem little as compared to quantity but that is enough to make one drowsy. Though, each one of those does contain disadvantageous effects on the corpse and psyche and those effects might be compounded jointly.
• Nothing is better if that is excessive. The same thing is happening here as if one consumes more than the quantity of alcohol he can handle then you might wind up sensing, extremely awful throughout and after the time of massage. That is why we are suggesting people to avoid any types of alcohol on the day of your massage for the betterment of you only.
• AS we have mentioned earlier about how alcohol can force a person to lose all his senses. Suppose you are on a parlour and having your weekly massage and you start to gulp down beer. The soothing effect of massaging will soon snatch your senses and you would be out of your consciousness. At that point of time, you can’t even get the pressure of massaging and can’t refute back to anything wrong. It has the ability to impede a person wholly and puts huge impacts on other several physical circumstances.
• Anybody who goes through a relaxing massage discerns that for a short time after the massaging the recipient might be a slightly shaky, maybe even woozy. A human being will surely drive back to his home after getting a rubdown in addition to gulping a wineglass of beer or champagne can extremely well be a hazard to that particular person or others. It might also price you your certificate to exercise.
What can be the ultimate solution?
There is nothing like any permanent solution to this problem and all you need to do is to avoid alcohol for only a day. The most prominent reason is its dehydrating nature and adding more alcohol or caffeine can only make the problem worse. But if staying away from alcohol is tough then choose to drink it after getting the massage.
Drinking lots of water is the only way out. It is always advised to drink plenty of water before leaving for any massage. But if you have a plan of consuming alcohol then drink water more and more to defend your body from getting dehydrated. If you don’t follow this then you might be in the hangover phase and this will no doubt harm your body to a great extent.
Friday, 27 May 2016
One can experience pain in the foot and wrist due to many reasons. The reason might be normal, but sometimes the pain becomes unbearable and you look for immediate help to get rid of that sprain. Usually, people prefer to cure sprained ankle with home remedies instead of seeking any medical help. The good thing is that many proven home remedies are available to cure sprain and to provide instant relief such as acupressure, rest, compression, elevation, and massage.
Among all these home remedies, massage and acupressure are considered helpful as they offer relief from the pain and gradually help to get rid of that pain completely. Many massage techniques are used to cure sprain or ankle pain. To get the benefit of these techniques, you should know the proper method of massage therapy. Before going to the details of massage techniques, first you should know what ankle pain is.
What is sprain or ankle pain?
Sprains are minor injuries that you can get during regular activities such as exercise, sports, climbing the stair or at the time of any physical activity. This is normal and all people experience sprain more than once in their lifetime. A sprain is an injury to the ligament. This tissue joints the bones and any damage in this tissue can be the reason of severe and unbearable pain. It usually affects ankle, knee, wrist, or elbow. Though this is not known as any harmful injury, but if you will not take care of it in the initial period it might create complications or you might need medical help to get rid of it. It is always suggested to cure sprains with some available home remedies at first as they work best and reduce your pain in a couple of minutes.
How to get rid of the sprain
There are multiple remedies to cure sprain. Some of the proven home remedies are the application of ice tubes or massage the affected area with some recommended oils. You can also use acupressure to get immediate relief. A sprain is very normal and you can get rid of this pain completely within a couple of days without visiting any physician. But the important thing is that you should know the proper massage method or home remedies to get the benefits. There are multiple techniques that require less time and effort. You should have the right knowledge; otherwise, it can damage the tissue and can make the situation worse rather than resolving the problem. You can apply any of home remedies with proper knowledge and massage is one of them.
How does massage help to get rid of sprain
Massage is very effective on sprains. It is a proven method. People have been using this method since ancient times to get rid of sprain and its unbearable pains. You should not be harsh to your sprain. Always go for a gentle massage that can reduce your pain in a couple of minutes. If you will put more pressure, obviously it will damage the tissue and will create more complications for you and in some cases; you might need medical help to cure your sprain. Start the massage gently on the affected area. You can also use some oil to get relief from the pain. Even the medical science prefers massage therapy for the sprain treatment instead of advising any medicine. It will be good if you get the help of massage professionals as they understand the situation in a better way and they can help you to get rid of your intolerable pain in no time. Massage is effective in many ways. It cures your sprain, relieves your tension, and helps to drain away blood and fluid. These two are the main causes of pain and swelling.
Which messages are considered more effective?
Any gentle massage can help you to get rid of pain and to reduce the swelling. As mentioned above, make sure that you are just simply massaging the affected area instead of putting any pressure. Massage can resolve multiple problems. First of all, it helps to cure both pain and swelling, make you feel great and amazing, and it will increase your blood flow. Though professional massage is always recommended, but in a case of unavailability, you can go for a self- massage. Self-massage can also help you in a great way. While massaging the affected area, focus more on the movements pushing upwards rather than any downward movement. You can use some pain relief oil such as grapefruit seed oil, or garlic oil to get instant relief from the pain. There are different techniques of massages. Some of the more effective ways are given below.
• Ice massage
This is a well-known technique. Even the medical professionals recommended ice massage to cure sprain and swelling. You can simply massage the area with ice packs for ten to fifteen minutes immediately after experiencing any strain and pain. Ice massage is helpful to reduce swelling and pain. If you want to get better results then make ice of full paper cup water and slowly massage it on the affected area and allow the paper to melt while massaging that can offer you immediate help from the pain.
• Massage with oil
You can gently massage the swollen area with some oils such as garlic oil, olive oil, camphor oil, turpentine oil, or sunflower oil. All the above oils have a great healing power. They will not only help you to get relief from the swelling and pain, they can strengthen the muscles and return them to a normal position.
• Cross friction massage
You should not use any oil for cross friction massage. This is a simple procedure. You can do this massage on the affected area in a stretched position. Apply pressure with a single finger and massage deeply forwards and backwards. You should feel the ligament beneath your skin. This massage treatment is a bit painful, but you can get the relief within five to ten minutes.
Massage treatment is helpful to cure sprained ankle or wrist. But you should not overdo it and should not continue it if you experience any severe pain and discomfort while and after practicing this method.
Tuesday, 8 March 2016
Massaging has been around for ages and there are hundreds of references to various types of massaging if one goes back in history. It is a well accepted fact that massaging has many positive benefits associated with it. Massaging can be done in different parts of the body. There are head massages, body massages, massage of shoulders, arms, legs, thighs, fingers of the hands and last but not foot massage. It is a known fact that our feet are one of the most worked parts of the body. It helps us to move from one place to another. Whether it is doing household chores or travelling form home to workplace, or enjoying some exercises our feet have a very important and significant role to play. It is very important to take care of our feet properly. These include keeping it clean, trimming and cutting the nails, wearing shoes and footwear that are comfortable and allow the feet to breathe.
Our Foot Need Proper Care
While regular habits like giving feet adequate rest after a walk or running is fine, at times this alone may not be enough. At times our feet could be very sore and the muscles, bones and joints could be aching. In such situations massaging the foot could be a great way to give that much needed relief to the feet. Further massaging our feet could also be a great way to relieve stress.
According to ancient Chinese methods of medication including acupuncture, there are certain touch points in the underside of our feet which perhaps might be connected to the various parts and organs of the body. Hence foot massage according to many is just not about giving that much needed relief to the sore and tired feet. It could mean something much more. There are many instances and research articles to prove that massaging the feet at the right place could help in giving better insight. It could also help tone the performance of various vital organs like heart, lungs, liver and kidney. Massaging the feet could also help in controlling blood pressure and hypertension. There is a medical science known as reflexology and massaging our feet could be related to it. Over the next few lines we will try and find out some very pertinent benefits associated with massage of the feet.
It Could Promote Better Sleep
Massaging the foot before going to bed can help a person to have a complete and fulfilling sleep. Sore feet can work negatively on our brains and prevent it from relaxing. Hence a few minutes of massaging of the feet before going to bed can work wonders. As mentioned above, there are a number of acupuncture points on the feet which if massaged thoroughly and professionally could help a person to doze off to sleep.
Improved Circulation Of Blood
Many of us are guilty of leading a sedentary life style. Hence we hardly get any chance to use the foot muscles the way they should be. Further many of us wear footwear that is tight fitting or uncomfortable. This hampers blood circulation in the feet. Hence a soothing massage of the feet at some point of time in the day could help improve blood circulation not only in the feet but also to the whole body. There are specific massage oils and massaging techniques which should be followed while massaging the feet.
Helps A Person To De-Stress Mind And Body
After a tiring and hard working day outside the comfort of home, there is nothing more relaxing than a relaxing and soothing foot massage. Those who walk around and stand a lot would stand to benefit with such massages. Many such people could also complain of swollen feet which could be prevented with regular massaging of the foot.
Enhances Your Mood
As mentioned earlier the science of reflexology and feet massage is closely related. There could be many traumatic incidents in life which could leave a person depressed or even mentally devastated. Research has proven that if such persons are given a soothing feet massage it could help them to overcome mental depression and fatigue. It could help a lot in proving the much needed consolation and draw a balance between grief and the need to adjust to the ways of life. There are certain points in the feet which must be massaged in the right angle to get the right benefit.
It Can Provide Relief From Pains And Aches
Going back to reflexology again, there are studies to prove that there is a close relation between feet massage and relief from various types of pains and aches in different parts of the body. Whether is pain in the neck, joint pain, thigh pain, pain in the upper and lower back, feet massage could be helpful. However, there are specific strokes and methods in which the massage should be done to give the best results. Choosing a good feet massage specialist in Singapore would be the best way forward.
Things To Avoid And Be Careful About While Massaging Feet
Though not backed by scientific facts, there are many who believe that massaging the foot should be avoided after an alcoholic drink. There could be truth in such belief because massaging the feet sets off a chain of reflex actions which could impact the brain. Since the brain would not be working to the best of its ability after a drink, it could cause some side effects. Therefore it would not be a bad idea to be a bit careful in massaging feet if a person is under the influence of alcohol.
Care To Be Taken During Pregnancy
While there is nothing wrong with massage of a woman during pregnancy, there are some areas of concern which should not be overlooked. Massaging certain parts of the feet might have to be avoided because it could set off a chain reaction and could even impact secretion of some hormones which could impact the mother and the child negatively.
In fine, there is no doubt that feet massage has a number of benefits and it has been proven through research that it is not just another gimmick.
Thursday, 18 February 2016
Body massage comes with many benefits, it is highly used in rehabilitation centers and sport clinics to soothe sores or loosen aching muscles. Massage further helps to improve blood circulation, reduce stress, lower blood pressure and heart rate and even strengthen the body’s immune system. With all these beneficial factors can massage help you sleep better? The answer is yes, these relaxing effects all make massage an important aid in restoring and ensuring a restful sleep. Massage will be beneficial in treating sleeping problems that results from stress, muscle stiffness, joint stiffness and migraine headache pains.
Due to the relaxing benefits of massage, massage has for a long time been used to help babies get sound sleep. Massage is today used to treat sleeping disorders among adults. Since sleep is important for good health, massage plays a crucial role in restoring the body’s health by promoting normal metabolism and recovery from illness. Massage can be used to improve sleep in the following ways.
Getting regular massage mainly helps to improve the body’s overall relaxation. This is by calming the body hence reduces anxiety and improve sleeping problems. Studies have also been shown that with massage, the brain increases production of endorphins. This is a chemical produces by the brain and is used to dull pain, reduce anxiety or panic and to relax muscles. Massage therapy can further trigger serotonin that generates a relaxed and calm feeling. With relaxed feeling, stress is alleviated and a peaceful night sleep results.
Massage therapy has been found to reduce fatigue and in the long run improve sleep. Based on research, massage reduces fatigue among children, infants and the elderly alike. Individuals with sickness such as cancer, heart disease, breast disease, psychiatric disorders have benefited from massage since from this.
Positive effect on the nervous system
Massage has a general positive effect on the nervous system, this results in a change in mod and induced calm response. Positive mood and feelings are enhanced. When you have a massage, parasympathetic cells are activated and causing the body to relax and possibly sleep. When stressed, the sympathetic cells are activated, this creates an urge to flight or fight. Stress therefore affects the mind and body and reduces the possibility of having a good night sleep.
With stress, you are more likely to find interference in your sleep. Massage helps in reducing the body’s stress level by reducing the stress hormone exposure. Outward signs of stress include poor posture and tense muscles. Tense muscles within the body will be made at ease with massage. People with stress have sleeping disorders where they do not really get rested during sleep. During massage, one goes into a deep state of relaxation and rest, this can positively affect the body and produce a good sleep. If tension and stress are the reasons you cannot have a good night sleep, then massage therapy should be recommended for you.
Massage mainly encourages relaxation by affecting the body’s hormone levels. Massage increases the body’s production of serotonin, this increases melatonin production and thus help the resetting of circadian rhythms. Massage is therefore a healthy, substance free and effective choice to help people that have insomnia. This condition is mostly associated with low levels of serotonin. Serotonin actually plays a big role in mood, physical coordination, behavior, body temperature and most important in sleep. Massage increases serotonin levels and thus serves as a remedy for people that are sleep deprived.
The involvement of serotonin to improve sleep has been proven. A number of studies show that serotonin revolves around a specific section of the brain that maintains deep sleep. This section of the brain is called raphe nuclei, experiments have been performed to show that deprivation of the body of serotonin reduces the ability of sleep. Administration of a drug that blocks serotonin has shown to reduce the ability of sleep. All these experiments show the necessity of massage and serotonin for a healthy sleep.
Optimum immune level
Sleep is necessary for the immune system to function at its optimum level. When the immune system is compromised, the body’s ability to heal itself naturally becomes compromised. When stressed or sleep deprived, the body’s health becomes seriously compromised. Massage can help relieve tension and stress. This leads to an optimum immune level and lead to good sleep.
One of the good things about massage is that you obviously don’t have to visit a professional to make use of its benefits. You can simply ask your friend, partner or family member to do it through a simple soothing rubdown. You can also make yourself have a mini massage, this is by focusing on muscle groups in the body that are close. Massage is done through small circular movements with the hands and fingers. It is applied on your forehead, face, neck, scalp or upper shoulders. You can find a variety of massage devices too. These devices come at various price ranges that help in extending your reach and provide heat and relaxing vibrations.
Apart from the simple massage techniques, there are professional massage techniques that include reflexology, sports massage, neuromuscular massage, Swedish massage and Rolfing. Reflexology, as its name suggests focusses mainly on reflex zones within the feet. This type of massage relieves pain, tension and improves blood circulation to areas of your body. Sport massage can be used by athletes in for specific ligaments, tendons and muscles. Neuromuscular massage also focuses on connective tissues, nerves, ligaments and tendons. All these types of massage ease tension and result in good sleep.
Massage is a healthy, drug-free and a smart option that has been used by many people to improve sleep. It has also been used to treat insomnia since serotonin influences the sleep stage of an individual in a circadian rhythm. Massage is simply a natural way to boost the body’s serotonin without drugs that could potentially have negative side effects. However, more research should be done to show the direct effect massage therapy has on sleep. Meanwhile, the existing evidence on massage is enough to recommend regular massages for people with sleepless nights.
Sunday, 10 January 2016
Have you been doing deep tissue massage? If yes maybe you have heard about several things which have become part of the belief system of the many therapists. Although some of these myths are very common maybe you have never had about them before. More so some of them are funny especially if you are hearing them for the first time. For instance, if ask around, many patients will prefer a deep tissue massage because it is the best but is this the case? Here are the top 7 deep tissue massage debunked.
· If it is not painful or doesn’t hurt it is not deep tissue; you may believe that more pressure means more massaging. This means that you must apply the pressure to the extent that the body winces. But think about it, if someone steps on you or closed the door on your hand the immediate response will be telling your body that there is danger hence, you will pull away. At this time your body will be waiting for the next time it will experience pain. This will actually make you tense and anxious. As a matter of fact, deep tissue does not mean that you must apply a lot of pain. It just refers to working in the inner layers of your muscles hence no pain no massaging is just a myth.
· Deep tissue massaging should hurt for 3 to 4 days; you may complain about the pain you receive 3 to 4 days after massaging but this does not mean that you have gotten the best deep tissue massage. The pain should not last for that long and if it does then it was not a deep tissue massage. Although there are techniques that should cause pain, the pain should last for more than 3 days. As with the pain happening after a deep tissue massage it depends on the patient who is taking the massage. In fact, if you want to help your body heals after a deep tissue massaging eat enough nutrients, take plenty of water and rest. Any successful massaging will work towards decreasing your pain and discomfort after the session and not otherwise.
· Deep tissue massaging must take one hour; although many people would like to book an appointment for 1 hour, deep tissue massaging should not take one hour unless you know what you want to focus on. Ideally, an hour of deep tissue massage should never occur. This kind of massaging requires warming up the tissues first through sweetish techniques. This means it is a slow process. If the massage is rushed you will probably not enjoy the process that much. This is because the therapist will rush to stretch the tissue muscles but lack enough time to warm them up. The minimum suggested time for deep tissue massage is 90 minutes. If you do this for only an hour not every part of the body will receive a deep tissue massaging attention.
· Massaging removes toxins from the muscles; first, the word toxin is always misused to mean anything bad found in the body. No matter the meaning of the word no kind of massaging can be used to remove toxins from the body. There is no way that massaging can pump or push bad stuff out your body. This can only be done by the semi-permeable membranes of the cell. If you over push deep and hard thinking that this can squeeze out the toxins you might end up breaking some of the fragile capillaries and the cell membranes.
· You must drink water after the session; remember, even if you take a lot of water after the session you will just get rid of the excess. The body has a special way of balancing the fluids found in it. You only need to take enough water per day so that you are not dehydrated but not because you have undergone a deep tissue massage. Although it should be 8 glasses of water, for some it can be more or less. If you have toxins in your blood stream, drinking more water after the massage will not get rid of them. Typically, your body is not full of sludge that drinking more water will help remove. It is ideal to take some water after the exercise but you should not encourage false beliefs that it must be done so as remove toxins.
· You cannot massage an individual with high blood pressure; some people believe that if you massage a person with high blood pressure you might suffer a heart attack. This is not true. This myth does not define how high blood pressure is connected with deep tissue massage. Before performing the exercise, you must only consider the causes of high blood pressure and the general health of the client. If the person knows how to handle his or her condition with medicine he can actually take deep tissue massage just as anyone else. Typically, blood pressure should not be enough reason not to undertake deep tissue massaging.
· You should not massage a pregnant woman; this is wrong since many women do not know that they are pregnant until they reach their third or fourth month. This means by the time they realize they may have undertaken almost 5 to 6 deep tissue massaging. Remember, deep tissue massage is no harder to the body than the normal activities or exercises. Ideally, in case you cannot massage a pregnant woman, it means that they should also stop doing household chores as well. This is not possible since there is no pregnant woman who can just stand still. So why should you skip this very important therapy just because the woman is pregnant? A prenatal deep tissue massaging can benefit a pregnant woman a lot.
There has been too much talks about deep tissue massaging. Although some of these are facts, a lot more are just myths. In case you are not sure you need to consult a physiotherapist who will advise you on what to do. Otherwise, deep tissue massage is among the best forms o exercise that you can use to relax your body.